Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flying with friends and LAZYNESS

The past four weeks was Ramadan in Dubai , basically all muslim who are healthy fast from sunrise to sunset, then devour everything there is possible to eat ! This is even more felt when I do a flight and we land before sunset and the fasting customers seem to go crazy and urge us to feed them ? Make up your mind, no time for double standard here ! I could also just as well be fasting, All my flights have been arriving back in Dubai between 1 am and 7 am, resulting in me sleeping all day long...and this has an effect on my eating habit, I have been eating less and less. Does it ever happen to you, to think about doing things, so much so that you actually think that you are doing it with out physically moving lol I have been feeling that way all month long, spending way to much time on Facebook and looking at my laundry basket getting bigger and fuller by the nano second... In between this hibernating life that I created for myself, I went to Munich again, and had this lovely Senior from Russia , who in the midst of having a bit to much wine decided to dance Salsa, and I joined her... She then decided that I should go for salsa classed, which I did when I got back... My mind is so strange lol I'm lazy enough to not do my laundry, but energetic enough to go to salsa classes 2 - 3 times per week and at night ! Oh Well lol

In other news, also went to Rome, my first time in Italy, was so beautiful, the timing was a bit off, we land past 3pm and go back the next day at the same time, so basically we had to run to the city visit as much and as quickly possible and run back to the hotel and rest ! But was worth it, I love this city, I will definitely need to go back there both as a passenger or crew. Following my Rome , I was rostered to go to Moscow, but coming back from Rome, the flight was delayed and because of legality reason , meaning getting days off, enough sleep yadiyadiyada , I was removed from doing the Moscow flight and put on airport Stand by 4 days later from midnight to 4am.... Crew seem not to be calling in sick and reporting for duty more now with the economic crisis in the world and everyone wanting to secure their jobs lol this resulted in me not being called out for a flight and heading back home after spending a night at the stand by lounge . Next stop, my long awaited flight with my best friend Deon to Beijing, I actually swapped my third Zurich to do it with him, many reasons, I was curious to know if my patience would survive, as I'm kind of anal when it comes to work lol and also us going to A380 , wanted to see what it would be like working with a close friend... So the flight was everything I expected, of course I was annoyed at times lol that's just me being me and wanting to control the whole universe , Time in beijing was awesome, and it makes a difference to see places and explore with someone you know. The trip back was so fun, there was such a good dynamic between the crew, well almost all, we were the ones putting some life into the crew atmosphere lol We rule !

Next stop San Francisco, a 50 hour layover but a 15 hour flight or more !

Click for pictures : Rome - Beijing

In my personal life a lot has been unfolding and folding lol But not giving up...



No comments:

Cities I've visited