Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Karachi, Pakistan Turnaround Flight

First off I must say that my first flight went very well, and I'm happy to be flying again !

Last night I called transport and they told me due to traffic I would need to take a Taxi, other batch mates flying today called me and said that they confirmed that pick up would be at 7h30Am . Morning came , and I was up and about at 6 am ready to go, and I got another call telling confirming the 7h30 pick up, so I took my time chatted with some dear friends from Montreal, and at 7h15 I still was half naked and the front desk calls me telling me pick up is here !!!! I don't think I ever dressed that fast , I was like speedy gonzales... When I got to the elevator, there and be hold I would forget something it was my ID cards. I finally got down and realized that I was not the only one in the same situation, that was a relief, so when everyone got there we finally left, and Dubai being Dubai, a monstrous traffic had already settled and now I was sweating, already stressed by this first flight, now traffic my worse enemy, but luckily it was only on one section of road. Got to airport earlier then anticipated had to wait about 30 minutes before check in opened. The briefing was good, no sweat for now, when we got to the plane I just could not believe that I was going to be flying again, such a long road !
The passenger load was light so I was happy gave me time to assimilate the dynamics of the work flow as I was certain that what we learned in such perfection in class would not live up on the real playing field. We were about 14 crew and all of them pretty laid back and sociable, I liked them :) . The real highlight was when the Purser ask me if I wanted to sit in the cockpit for take off and landing, I already experience that when taking flying lessons in a Cessna , but in a big plane, I was in Paradise...The senior on the flight also gave and wrote praises for me...it is so odd how my professional behavior is so different from my everyday interaction with others, and this for the better as the former is expected to be at its best. I think requires a lot of acting and faking which I seem to have a talent for, and I probably got it again from watching to much Soap Operas (see previous posts on that).

So that's it, 1 down and many more to come, next stop Calicut in India on the Boeing 777.

1 comment:

technofreak said...

Well thats a nice blog.. good efforts have been done by the blog team...

rest cheap Ghana
flight
can be found with Rabiya..

Cities I've visited